ABOUT IRISH FRANCHISING SKILLNET
The Irish Franchising Skillnet was launched in 2008 it is the training network for those involved in the Franchise sector in Ireland and it is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets Ltd. funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
It offers access to training under themes such as In house training, Open Programmes, Development of Open Programmes and Certified Accredited Programmes and access to specialist trainers to the Sector who have been openly procured.
ADVANTAGES OF TRAINING IN THE NETWORK CONTEXT:
- More flexible – training will be delivered at a time that suits members
- More accessible – training provided near or at company sites
- More informed – companies learn from each other
- More useful – training that is developed and directly aligned to the company needs and business strategies
- More beneficial – companies in the Network share ideas, receive new information, develop new relationships with peers and promote best practice in the industry.
IRISH FRANCHISING SKILLNET OBJECTIVES
- Ensure the continued growth of franchising capacity and capability in Ireland through working with existing and potential businesses to up skill employees, potential franchisors and potential franchisees through the training medium and examine the impact on Business Improvement using tangible measures.
- To support the competitiveness of Franchising business in Ireland through delivering required training initiatives,
- To develop a programme to promote franchising to those who are unemployed and have investment capital available as a means of starting their own business or alternatively to assist in finding employment within a franchise organisation.
- To support Franchisors and Master Franchisors up skill their employees, franchisees and franchisees employees through developing appropriate training initiatives.
- To promote a training forum where current and potential Franchisors and Master franchisors can share supplier knowledge and network amongst themselves hence increase their own brand awareness simultaneously
- The Networks will assist in the development and measurement of Franchising expertise and capability of Irish owned Franchises.
- To conduct “training needs analysis” to determine the most appropriate training requirements across the franchise sector.
Franchising as a business concept is now well established in the Irish Commercial sector. An increasing number of Irish entrepreneurs are now looking at franchising as a suitable strategy to scale their businesses both domestically and internationally. It provides them with the unique opportunity to grow their business yet maintain a tight control on the delivery of the business model and the customer offer locally. Other entrepreneurial individuals who may be looking for an opportunity to start their own business, having been made redundant or looking to re establish themselves are also viewing franchising as an ideal way of getting started.
They can do so through purchasing the Master franchise for an international concept and establishing a network of successful franchisees locally or alternatively as many people do simply purchase a single unit/multi unit franchise opportunity within a defined territory within the domestic market. The success of franchising boasts that more than 90% of business format franchises have proven to be successful after five years as against less than fifty percent of standalone start ups. The franchise model has proven to be very robust despite difficult trading conditions and provides an excellent vehicle for individuals “to be in business for themselves but not by themselves”.
If you would like to find out more about skillnet please contact us today.
Irish Franchise Association
c/o Kandoy House
2 Fairview Strand
The Irish Franchising Skillnet are running a free event on Weds Nov 23rd, that will offer jobseekers and graduates an insider’s view of one of Ireland’s fastest growing business sectors. We are hosting a morning of talks, workshops and networking with franchise experts. The Irish franchise industry is booming, and is full of exciting opportunities for prospective entrepreneurs and employees. This event would be of great interest to those receiving the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance in particular, but all jobseekers are welcome to attend.
When: Wednesday, November 23rd, 2016 @ 9:30am
Where: Hilton Hotel, Charlemont, Dublin 2
To book your place e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org